|Natural Cures Herbal Supplements Cholesterol Lowering Foods|
Cholesterol Lowering Foods
Making good food choices is an easy way to lower cholesterol. Cholesterol lowering food together with a healthy fit lifestyle is one of the most effective ways of lowering cholesterol naturally.
Foods That Help To Lower Cholesterol
1. Soluble fiber forms a gel in water that helps bind acids and cholesterol in the intestinal tract, preventing their re-absorption into the body. This is why soluble fiber helps to lower cholesterol levels and decreases the risk of heart disease. Soluble fiber is found in oats and oat bran, barley, brown rice, beans, apples, carrots, and most other fruits and vegetables.
2. Sandwiches are good to eat for lunch or when you're in hurry. Use whole wheat bread or a pita with lean turkey, chicken, tuna or other fish along with vegetables.
3. Another good food to lower cholesterol is fish such as salmon. The wild red salmon varieties are better and healthier for you because they contain high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids.
4. Stay away from foods containing trans fats. Trans fats will increase the level of LDL cholesterol in your blood stream and decrease the good HDL cholesterol. Foods high in trans fats include margarine, vegetable shortening, most processed foods, some types of peanut butter and foods that contain partially hydrogenated soybean oil.
5. Snack of different varieties of nuts can be freely taken. The best are walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts, cashews, and pecans. While it's true that most nuts are high in fat, they contain good fat that your body needs.
6. Include high fiber foods in your diet to lower cholesterol. Foods high in fiber include whole wheat bread, oatmeal, fruit, vegetables, beans, and certain cereals.
7. Salads are good, but most salad dressings, bacon bits, croutons, etc. aren't. Try to use vinegar, olive oil or lemon juice.
8. Include more fruits and vegetables in your diet. They are high in nutrients and antioxidants. The best are green peas, broccoli, cauliflower, apples, oranges, mangos, papaya, pineapple, tomato, garlic, onions, spinach, water chestnuts, bananas, apricots, blueberries, and kiwi.
9. Fish are an excellent low-fat food sources. Some fish are especially low in fat, such as perch, haddock, flounder, sturgeon, smelts, scallops. Others like brook trout, porgy, cod, and croakers are somewhat higher in fat content, but are still quite low in fat content when compared with meats. Tuna is particularly low in fat.
10. Chicken and turkey are good sources of animal proteins for cholesterol lowering food, provided lean poultry is used. The dark meat of poultry is higher in fat content than white meat. Duck and goose are extremely high in fat and should not be included as cholesterol lowering food.
11. Corn, pine-tree oils, wheat and soybeans contain substances called stanols and sterols, which have been shown to work with your body to help lower cholesterol levels.
12. Soya protein foods such as tofu, soya beans, soya milk help lower your total cholesterol and bad cholesterol levels when you use them to replace the foods in your diet that are high in saturated fat.
13. Apples are also very good for lowering your LDL cholesterol levels. Two full apples, or 12 ounces of apple juice, if taken everyday, can reduce your risk of heart diseases by as much as 50%.
14. Garlic and onion are also good for lowering cholesterol. Garlic helps to lower LDL cholesterol and thins your blood naturally. This prevents clogging up of arteries and thus lowers your risk of heart diseases. Similarly, eating just half a raw onion everyday can increase your HDL levels by 25% and lower your LDL as well.
There are many more cholesterol lowering foods waiting for you. To get a complete list of cholesterol lowering foods and other natural ways to lower cholesterol, be sure to grab ebook - Beating Cholesterol
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.