|Natural Cures Herbal Supplements Diabetes Food List|
Diabetes Food List
Diet is the cornerstone of diabetes treatment because food intake affects the body's need for insulin and insulin's ability to lower blood sugar. So person suffering from diabetes should maintain a healthy balanced diet.
Fatty foods often contain a lot of butter, cheese, oil or mayonnaise. These should be avoided to control high blood sugar. Choose instead grilled, baked, roasted, or steamed food. If you must use oil at all in your cooking, replace cooking oil with olive oil or peanut oil, as these contain less fat.
Diabetic diets need to include foods that have little saturated fats and cholesterol, such as fresh fruit, vegetables, and skinless poultry. A diabetic should have 3-5 servings of vegetables a day to lower blood sugar. However, some vegetables such as potatoes are rich in carbohydrates, so minimize their intake. Eat fruit and vegetables gradually throughout the day so your blood sugar level won't suddenly rise. Red meats, eggs, and whole milk dairy products should be avoided.
A diabetic should withdraw from eating foods that are high in both cholesterol and fats. Your diet should be composed of non-greasy and simply-digested food that has plenty of fiber content. Fruits are the best source of fiber. Fruits are high in vitamins and nutrients, but are low on fats. Because of these, they bring positive effect to the control of the blood sugar.
However, fruit juices do not give the same benefits as fruits themselves because juices and concentrates are highly rich in sugar. The dietary fiber you need is not provided by fruit juices; therefore you should choose whole fruits because these have more fiber. Remember to choose fruits that are not sweetened and choose citrus fruits like grapefruit, orange or lime.
Fruits like mango, grapes, and banana are considered diabetes bad food because they have high sugar content. These can raise your glucose level in blood. Fruits that are highly beneficial for diabetic patients are grapefruit, jambul (rose apple) and apple.
List of Foods Diabetes Can Eat
Here is a shortlist of foods diabetes can eat. To control the blood sugar levels, every diabetic needs to know how to control the blood sugar levels and what foods particularly help to lower down the glucose levels.
1. Foods with lower cholesterol content help the diabetics to prevent from cardiovascular diseases. Lettuce is not only low in its cholesterol content but also contains only 3 % of carbohydrates. This combination makes the lettuce ideal to reduce blood sugar level.
2. French beans (kidney beans) are rich in fiber and proteins with a reasonable amount of complex carbohydrates. The dietitians strongly recommend French beans to diabetics to lower blood sugar level.
3. Tomatoes are not only low in carbohydrates but also help to control the glucose level in the urine.
4. Juice of Brussels sprout mixed with the juice of French beans is considered natural remedy for diabetes. It works by stimulating the production of insulin thus lowering down the blood sugar levels.
5. Soya beans not only control blood sugar level it also regulates the elevated glucose levels in the urine of the diabetics. Soya beans are rich in proteins and low in carbohydrates.
6. Vegetables like onions and garlic are also good for diabetics. They reduce the bloods sugar levels in the blood. It has been discovered that onion contains an anti-diabetic compound. This compound is much similar to the compounds (propyl, allyl, allicin and disulphide) that are used for the synthesis of insulin.
7. Bitter gourd also lowers the blood and urine sugar levels as it contains natural hypoglycemic agents. Certain vegetables contain very little amount of carbohydrates and calories and so can be used freely by diabetics. But few vegetables contain high amount of carbohydrates and calories and hence must be taken by diabetics in very small amount.
To get the complete list of diabetes foods, be sure to grab ebook – Diabetes Guide and manage your diabetes naturally. This ebook also covers full information on how to control diabetes through natural means.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.