|Natural Cures Home Remedies Home Remedies for Acidity|
Home Remedies for Acidity
Acids present in the stomach helps in breaking down of the food during digestion. But when there is excess production of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach, it results in the condition known as acidity. Acidity leads to the sour or burning sensation in the chest. Its common symptoms are dyspepsia, heartburn and formation of the ulcers.
Symptoms of Acidity or Heartburn
Following are the major acidity symptoms:
1. Burning sensation or pain in the stomach after one to four hours of a meal
2. Feel hungry frequently
3. Constant pain in upper abdomen
4. Belching, nausea, bitter taste in mouth, vomiting and loss of appetite
Causes of Acidity
Following are the major acidity causes:
1. Excessive smoking and drinking alcohol
2. Gastro duodenal (peptic) ulcer
3. Hyper secretion of hydrochloric acid
4. Reflux of gastric acid
5. Not eating on time
6. Eating fried and spicy food regularly
Natural Home Remedies for Acidity
Following are some of the effective home remedies for acidity:
1. Cut a lemon into thin strips and dip in salt. Eat before meals to prevent heartburn. It is an effective home remedy for heartburn.
2. Take some mint leaves, chop them and boil in a cup of water and sip slowly after meals. It has good results in the treatment of acidity.
3. Eat a banana daily. It is very common natural remedy for acidity.
4. Take a piece of Jaggery (gur) and keep it in the mouth and slowly suck it to reduce the acidity.
5. Drink coconut water 4-5 times a day. It is an effective natural treatment for acidity.
6. Make a fine powder of ginger powder, black pepper, dried mint leaves, asafetida (hing), anise seeds, coriander seeds, cumin, fennel and common salt taken equally. Take one teaspoon of this powder with water, twice a day after meals.
Acidity Treatment and Advice
1. Eat fruits like apple, watermelon and banana
2. Avoid fried food, pickle, hot and spicy food
3. Take your meals on time
4. Drink plenty of water
5. Don’t skip your meals.
6. Avoid garlic, onion, pepper, radish and cabbage
7. Eat green and leafy vegetables
Herbal Remedies for acidity
1. Chew some basil leaves. It is best natural herbal remedy for acidity.
2. Take Harad (Terminalia chebula) after meal. It is also effective natural remedy for heartburn.
3. Mix one tsp juice of chebulic myroblan with one tsp of amla (Indian gooseberry) juice and drink it for acidity relief.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.