|Natural Cures Home Remedies Home Remedies for Asthma|
Home Remedies for Asthma
Asthma is an allergic condition resulting from the reaction of the body to one or more allergens. It is the most troublesome of respiratory diseases. A person suffering from asthma gets frequent attacks of breathlessness which leads to coughing, wheezing, difficult to breathe and trouble sleeping. Asthma is a life threatening disease and should be treated carefully.
Symptoms of Asthma
Following are the major asthma symptoms:
1. Coughing and wheezing
2. Shortness of breath
3. Chest tightness
Causes of Asthma
Following are the major asthma causes:
1. Allergy from particular weather condition
2. Allergy from some specific food, drugs and perfumes
3. Allergies to dust
4. Air pollution
5. Respiratory infections
6. Presence of sulfites in food
Natural Home Remedies for Asthma
Following are some of the effective home remedies for asthma:
1. Take a steam inhalation of eucalyptus or lavender essential oils just during an attack and immediately afterwards to ease panic and help open airways. It is very common natural cure for asthma.
2. Mix one tsp fresh ginger juice with a cup of fenugreek decoction and honey. This mixture is very effective home remedy for asthma.
3. Make a glass of juice by adding 2/3 glass of carrot juice and 1/3 glass of spinach juice. Take it thrice a day for asthma relief.
4. Make a mixture of 1/4 cup of onion juice, 1 teaspoon honey and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. It gives immediate relief from congestion and alleviate breathlessness.
5. Boil 8-10 cloves of garlic in ½ cup of milk and drink it at night. It is beneficial for early stages of asthma.
6. Add 1 tsp of honey in very hot water and sip slowly before sleeping to remove phlegm from the throat. It is also good home remedy for asthma.
7. In 1 cup of water soak 1 tspn of Fenugreek seeds overnight. Strain it and add 1 tspn of Ginger juice and 1 tspn of honey to this solution. Drink it every morning and evening.
8. Mix mustard oil with little camphor and massage it over the chest. This will loosen up phlegm and help in breathing.
Asthma Treatment and Advice
1. Do breathing exercises
2. Always use dust mite protectors and an air purifier in home
3. Avoid cigarette smoke or allergens
4. Avoid fermented food and dairy products, including all cheeses
5. Avoid mental stress
Herbal Remedies for Asthma
1. Mix half a teaspoon of bishop's weed in a glass of buttermilk and take twice daily. It is an effective herbal remedy for asthma.
2. Mix 5 grams of gooseberry (amla) with one tablespoon of honey. Take it for quick asthma relief.
3. Mix a teaspoon of the root paste (bitter gourd) karela root with an equal amount of honey or juice of the holy basil. Take it once every night for a month. It acts as an excellent expectorant and is a proven herbal remedy for asthma
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.