|Natural Cures Home Remedies Home Remedies for Bronchitis|
Home Remedies for Bronchitis
Bronchitis is a type of inflammation affecting the windpipe, or bronchial tubes, in the chest. It is mainly of two types:
1. Acute Bronchitis
2. Chronic Bronchitis
In acute bronchitis the larynx, trachea and bronchial tubes are acutely inflamed. The tissues are swollen because of irritation; large amount of mucus is secreted and poured into the bronchial tubes to protect the inflamed mucous membrane. Unless this thick, sticky material is removed, it may obstruct the windpipe, causing more severe diseases like atelactasis and pneumonia. The common cold is probably the most frequent cause of acute bronchitis. During the acute stage of bronchitis there is usually a high fever and some difficulty in breathing. There is a constant cough. Hoarseness may also be present and some pain in the chest.
In chronic bronchitis permanent change may have occurred in the lungs such as pulmonary fibrosis, emphysema and other serious complications. Normally the lungs are very elastic and flexible. It is their function to expand and contract within the chest as we breathe in and out. Any chronic inflammation of the lungs, such as fibrosis or scarring, interferes with the normal movement of the lungs so that the air cannot be inhaled and exhaled freely. In asthmatic patients and those suffering from tuberculosis or congestive heart failure the situation becomes worse. Severe coughing may produce blood as well as copious mucus filled with pus and bacteria. This will lead to Bronchopneumonia a more serious condition.
Symptoms of Bronchitis
Following are the major bronchitis symptoms:
1. Inflammation in the bronchi
2. Large quantities of mucus are secreted and expelled as phlegm.
3. Difficulty in breathing
4. Cough and fever
5. Pain in the chest
6. Loss of appetite
Causes of Bronchitis
Following are the major bronchitis causes:
1. Excessive smoking
2. Working in a stuff atmosphere
3. Heredity factors
4. Use of drugs
Natural Home Remedies for Bronchitis
Following are some of the effective home remedies for bronchitis:
1. Take half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with half a glass of milk, two or three times daily on an empty stomach. It is an effective home remedy for bronchitis.
2. Mix half a teaspoon each of the powder of ginger, pepper, and cloves, and take three times a day. It may be licked with honey or taken as an infusion with tea. It is also good for treating bronchitis.
3. Take 1 teaspoon of raw onion juice, first thing in the morning. It relieves from bronchitis.
4. Mix 50 grams of fresh leaves of spinach, and 250 ml of water with a pinch of ammonium chloride and one teaspoonful of honey. This infusion is an effective expectorant in the treatment of bronchitis.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds, with a teaspoon of linseed, a pinch of common salt, and a teaspoon of honey. Take above mixture at night for treating of chronic bronchitis.
6. Add ½ teaspoon honey with ½ teaspoon lemon juice. Take this every 12 hours. Honey relieves the itchiness by moisturizing the throat passage
7. Prepare a mixture by adding 8 - 10 tablespoons of coconut milk with 1 tablespoon poppy seeds and 1 tablespoon of pure honey. Take this every night before going to bed. It is also an effective home remedy for bronchitis.
Bronchitis Treatment and Advice
1. Avoid smoking tobacco, drinking alcohol and any other such product.
2. Drink plenty of fluids to wash away the mucus.
3. Take Fresh air and do outdoor exercise for natural treatment of bronchitis.
Herbal Remedies for Bronchitis
1. Prepare a mixture by adding half a teaspoon of tulsi juice, half a teaspoon with ginger juice with 1 teaspoon of honey. Take it 2-3 times a day till symptoms subside.
2. Take 1 cup of water and add 4-5 leaves of tulsi; a small piece of ginger (adrak) and 1 teaspoon of jaggery. Boil this mixture over slow heat till the quantity becomes half a cup. Drink this at least 2 times in a day.
3. Peel 50 grams fresh ginger and cut into small slices. Boil the slices with 100 grams maltose in 2 glasses water for 30 minutes. Drink it hot, twice a day, in one day.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.