|Natural Cures Home Remedies Home Remedies for Common Cold|
Home Remedies for Common Cold
Common cold is an inflammation of the upper respiratory tract caused by infection with common cold viruses. It is highly contagious. It is very common in infants and elders having low resistance or immunity power.
Symptoms of Common Cold
Following are the major common cold symptoms:
1. Frequent sneezing
2. Blocked or runny nose
3. Reduced sense of taste and smell
4. Sore throat
5. Dry cough
6. Headache and mild fever
Causes of Common Cold
Following are the major common cold causes:
1. Viral infection
2. Person to person through sneezing
3. Menstrual cycles
4. Allergic disorders
5. Low immunity power
6. Change in weather
Natural Home Remedies for Common Cold
Following are some of the effective home remedies for common cold:
1. Tie a tablespoon of crushed carom seeds (ajwain) in a piece of cloth. Inhaling it will give relief to blocked nose.
2. Prepare tea by adding 1 tbsp of pepper powder in a cup of milk along with a pinch of turmeric and little sugar. It is very common natural remedy for cold.
3. Take 3-4 tsp onion juice with 3-4 tsp honey daily to prevent yourself from severe cold.
4. Mix ½ tsp cinnamon oil with ½ tsp honey for quick relief from common cold.
5. Prepare a tea by adding 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 shot of lemon juice, 1 shot of whiskey and little water. Sip it to relieve from cold.
Common Cold Treatment and Advice
1. Put few drops of eucalyptus oil or vicks in some water and inhale it two or three times a day. It relieves from nose blockage.
2. Drink hot liquid such as herbal teas and vegetable soups.
3. Do not smoke. Take fresh air
4. Avoid meat, fish, eggs and starchy foods
5. Sip hot chicken soup with lots of garlic
6. Take Vitamin C rich diet
7. Gargle with a strong solution of table salt and warm water two or three times a day.
Herbal Remedies for Common Cold
1. Take a cup of water and boil it with ginger powder till it becomes half. Add some honey to it. Drink it at night. It is an effective natural herbal cure for cold.
2. Take Goldenseal herb to fight against cold. It acts as a natural antibody and is very beneficial in the treatment of common cold.
3. Mix 1 tbsp of fresh gooseberry juice with 1/2 tsp ginger. It helps to prevent recurrence of cold.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.