|Natural Cures Home Remedies Home Remedies for Diabetes|
Home Remedies for Diabetes
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that prevents the body from utilizing glucose completely or partially. There are basically two types of diabetes
1. Type 1 diabetes mellitus (insulin-dependent diabetes)
2. Type 2 diabetes mellitus (non-insulin-dependent diabetes)
In type 1 diabetes the body doesn’t produce enough insulin to keep blood sugar at normal levels whereas in type 2 diabetes the cells do not properly respond to the insulin. The normal fasting blood sugar is 80-120 mg/dL; this can go up to a level of 160 mg/dL two hours after meals. Type 1 diabetes usually occurs in childhood or adolescence but can develop at any age. These patients need insulin everyday.
Type 2 diabetes is common among adults, especially those who are overweight and over age 40. These people are able to control their blood sugar levels through weight control, regular exercise and a well-balanced diet.
Symptoms of Diabetes Mellitus
Following are the major diabetes symptoms:
1. Increased thirst
2. Frequent urination
3. Increase in appetite
4. Weight loss in type 1 diabetes
5. Obesity in type 2 diabetes
6. Skin irritation or infection
7. Decreased healing capacity
8. Weakness or loss of strength
9. Erection problems
Causes of Diabetes
Following are the major diabetes causes:
1. Hereditary factors
2. Excess intake of carbohydrate foods like chocolates, rice etc
3. Insulin deficiency
4. Insulin resistance
5. High blood pressure
6. High cholesterol
7. Stressful and over burdened life
8. Lack of exercise or physical activities
9. Excess eating habits
1. Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis)
2. Heart problems
3. Eye problems
5. kidney problems
6. Nerve problems
Natural Home Remedies for Diabetes
Following are some of the effective home remedies for diabetes:
1. Boil 15 fresh Mango leaves in 1 glass of water. Leave overnight. Filter this water and drink first thing in the morning. It is an effective home remedy for diabetes
2. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of ground bay leaf and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric in 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel. Take this mixture two times a day before lunch and dinner. It is also good diabetes mellitus treatments.
3. Drink a watery juice of a small Bitter Gourd (remove seeds) every morning. It is one of the best home remedies for diabetes.
4. Add 3-table spoon of cinnamon to 1 litre of boiling water. Simmer for 20 minutes in a low flame, and then strain the mixture. Drink this mixture daily to cure diabetes.
5. Eat tender curry leaves (fresh) twice a day to reduce sugar.
6. Take the juice of crushed fish-berry (amruth) soaked in water for a day first thing in the morning.
Diabetes Treatment and Advice
1. Do regular exercises and yoga
2. Lose weight
3. Eat fiber rich foods
4. Drink eight to ten glasses of water daily
5. Do not take alcohol, soft drinks, and sugary desserts
6. Avoid bare foot walking
7. Test urine regularly
Herbal Remedies for Diabetes
1. Prepare a mixture by adding equal quantities of turmeric powder and dried gooseberry powder with honey or drink equal quantities of gooseberry juice and fresh turmeric juice in an empty stomach daily.
2. Eat garlic regularly as it regulates sugar level.
3. Dalchini ((Cinnamonum zeylancium) is also an effective herbal remedies for diabetes.
4. Bitter melon is wonderful herb in treating diabetes mellitus.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.