|Natural Cures Home Remedies Home Remedies for Gout|
Home Remedies for Gout
Gout is a type of inflammation of the joints caused by the accumulation of crystals of uric acid (monosodium urate) in the joints, tendons and other tissues of the body. It is chronic in character and occurs in acute attacks. It occurs more frequently in males, usually in middle life. Women, after menopause, are also sometimes affected by this disease.
Symptoms of Gout
Following are the major gout symptoms:
1. Acute pain in the big toe, which becomes tender, hot, and swollen in a few hours
2. Joint pains (attack) usually occurs at midnight or in the early hours of the morning
3. Sometimes damages kidney
4. Slight fevers
5. Excess sweating and feeling of warmth
6. Excessive thirst and dryness of mouth
Causes of Gout
Following are the major gout causes:
1. Formation of uric acid crystals in the joints, skin, and kidneys
2. Intake of excessive alcohol
3. Heredity factors
4. Lack of exercises
5. Excess intake of protein rich diet like red meat, pulses and cheese
Natural Home Remedies for Gout
Following are some of the effective home remedies for gout:
1. Take ½ teaspoon of baking soda with meals. This will prevent gout attack
2. Take Alfalfa daily. It is a good source of minerals and other nutrients and reduces serum uric acid
3. Add two teaspoons each of apple cider vinegar and raw honey in a glass of water and drink it mealtime. It is a common home remedy for gout
4. Drink several tablespoons of the concentrated black cherry juice daily. It is also an effective gout remedy.
5. Eat raw garlic cloves daily. It is very common gout treatment.
6. Add ½ a lime in 1 glass of water and drink it morning, noon and night. It is also proven gout cure
7. Extract ½ a cup of juice of French beans and drink it daily for a month
Gout Treatment and Advice
1. Avoid protein rich diet
2. Properly do massage and hot fomentation on the affected area
3. Do draping with crape bandage of the joint
4. Avoid cold temperature
5. Do morning and evening walk daily
6. Avoid coffee and soft drinks in your diet
7. Eat potassium rich diet
8. Drink plenty of water so that kidneys flushes out the excess uric acid
Herbal Remedies for Gout
1. Take 3 grams of haritki (terminalia chebula) powder with jaggery (gur) two times a day. It relieves gout pain.
2. Eat crushed pepper with milk. It is very effective natural herbal remedy for gout
3. Take Juice of guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) for 2-3 months. It is also an effective gout cure
4. Add little amount of shilajit in guduchi juice. Take it twice a day for gout treatment.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.