|Natural Cures Home Remedies Home Remedies for Headache|
Home Remedies for Headache
Headache is a common complaint that generally afflicts everyone at some time or the other. Headache can be broadly classified into three types. They are:
1. Tension headache
2. Migraine headache
3. Cluster headache
The most common among them is tension headache. In this type of headache, prolonged tension seems to produce a spasm of the muscles in the back of the neck. This muscle spasm draws the tissues over the surface of the cranium very tight, so that the pain is felt not only in the back of the neck but also over the top and front of the head.
Migraine, on the other hand is a hereditary condition, and the inheritance is passed down through the females rather than the males. Nervous abnormalities of the female generative organs are the most frequent of the exciting causes. Other affecting factors are eye strain, shock, grief, worry, gastro-intestinal irregularities, mental emotions like anger, fear, love, jealously and remorse.
Cluster headaches are repetitive ones that occur for weeks to months at a time, followed by periods of remission. It is generally caused by smoking and drinking alcohol.
Symptoms of Headache
Following are the major headache symptoms:
1. Aches and tightness around head, behind the eyes, and neck
2. Depression or excitation
3. Blurring of visions
4. Confusion of ideas
Causes of Headache
Following are the major headache causes:
1. Due to allergy
2. Emotional stress and tension
3. Eye strain and poor eyesight
4. Due to high blood pressure or low blood sugar
5. Nutritional deficiency
6. Constipation or dehydration
8. Exposure to cold temperatures
Natural Home Remedies for Headache
Following are some of the effective home remedies for headache:
1. Eat a ripe apple with little salt in morning on an empty stomach continuously for a week. It is a common remedy for chronic headache.
2. Boiling fresh ginger or dried ginger powder in water. Inhale it to relieve from sinus headache.
3. Lemon is a very beneficial natural remedy for headache caused by heat. Lemon crusts should be pounded into a fine paste in a mortar and applied as plaster on the forehead.
4. Keep your legs in a bucket filled with hot water (with temperature 40˚C to 45˚C) for 15 minutes every night before sleeping. Continue it for two to three weeks. It is also effective home remedy for chronic headache.
5. Put 10 drops of eucalyptus oil in boiled water, cover your head with a towel, and inhale the steam. It is also common cure for sinus headache.
6. Prepare a paste by adding little water to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and apply it locally. It is proven remedy for sinus headache.
7. Rub the flowers of henna in vinegar and apply it over the forehead. It is also very effective home remedy for headache due to heat.
8. Prepare a juice by adding 200 ml of spinach juice with 300 ml of carrot juice to prepare 500 ml or half a litre. Drink it regularly. It is a proven natural cure for migraine headache. Alternatively add 100 ml each of beet and cucumber juices with 300 ml of carrot juice.
Headache Treatment and Advice
1. Take proper rest in a quiet room with dim light
2. Take enough sleep at night
3. Have your eyesight checked
4. Take proper nutrition
5. Do exercises and meditation
6. Do not take spices, condiments, sour buttermilk, and oily foodstuffs
7. Try to have positive thinking to prevent headache
8. Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol
9. Avoid red meat, nuts, and chocolate
Herbal Remedies for Headache
1. Take 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel, up to 3 times a day to relieve from headache due to hyperacidity.
2. Boil a handful of rosemary herb in a litre of water and put in a mug. Cover your head with a towel and inhale its steam. It relieves you from headaches resulting from cold.
3. Prepare a paste of sandalwood and apply it on forehead. It is also an effective herbal remedy for headache due to hyperacidity
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.