|Natural Cures Home Remedies Home Remedies for Hiccups|
Home Remedies for Hiccups
Diaphragm is the main breathing muscle under the lungs. Hiccups start from the diaphragm. Hiccups are a sudden, involuntary squeezing of the diaphragm which results in sucking the air quickly into the lungs thereby snapping and shutting glottis above the voice-box (larynx). This snapping makes the sound of a hiccup. Generally hiccups last for a few minutes but sometimes they may last for days or weeks. Continuous hiccups lasting for more than a day or two may indicate a cause of an underlying disease, which needs medical attention.
Symptoms of Hiccups
Following are the major hiccups symptoms:
1. Continuous hic sound from the throat
2. Contraction of diaphragm
Causes of Hiccups
Following are the major hiccups causes:
1. Overstretching the neck
3. Irritation of the eardrum
4. Bloating, tumor or infection
5. Smoking and drinking excessive alcohol
6. Hot and spicy food
7. Liver cancer or hepatitis
8. Pregnancy or bladder irritation
Natural Home Remedies for Hiccups
Following are some of the effective home remedies for hiccups:
1. One of the common natural remedy for recurring hiccups is to suck small pieces of fresh ginger.
2. Drink pineapple juice. It is also a common home remedy for hiccups
3. Eat some sugar. It is very effective natural cure for hiccups.
4. Add 2 tsp common salt in a cup of plain yogurt (curd, yoghurt). Eat this mixture for hiccups treatment.
5. Add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds with 1/2 tsp pure ghee. Swallow this mixture. It is also effective cure for hiccups.
6. Boil 1/2 tsp of cardamom fresh powder in 2 cup water till it decreases to half, Sieve it and drink a glassful of this warm water.
Hiccups Treatment and Advice
1. Avoid hot and spicy food
2. Avoid over eating
3. Drink a glass of cold water
4. Gurgle with water
Herbal Remedies for Hiccups
1. Inhale ground black pepper until you sneeze. Sneezing will also stop the hiccups.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.