|Natural Cures Home Remedies Home Remedies for Indigestion|
Home Remedies for Indigestion
Indigestion, also known as dyspepsia is a discomfort in the upper abdomen that usually occurs due to disordered stomach, which is often irritated by improper foods. Nervous problems are another common cause of gas and indigestion.
Symptoms of Indigestion
Following are the major indigestion symptoms:
1. Pain in belly
2. Uncontrolled burping
3. Nausea, Bloating of stomach
4. Acid regurgitation
Causes of Indigestion
Following are the major indigestion causes:
1. Overindulgence in food or drink
2. Stress and anxiety
3. Peptic ulcers
4. Gallstones or stomach cancer
5. Side effect of medicines (iron supplement or certain antibiotics)
6. Fast eating without chewing properly
7. Over eating (Heavy meal)
8. Smoking or Consuming excess alcohol
9. Diseases that affect digestive organs
Natural Home Remedies for Indigestion
Following are some of the effective home remedies for indigestion:
1. Prepare herbal tea made with peppermint, chamomile or fennel and drink it for home remedy for indigestion.
2. Chop up a clove of fresh garlic and add a pinch of salt and a pinch of baking soda to it. Eat it for quick indigestion relief.
3. Prepare a cup of sweet fresh pineapple juice with a pinch of ginger, a pinch of black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon organic sugar. Drink it thrice a day. It is an effective home remedy for indigestion.
4. For acute indigestion relief, squeeze the lime juice from 1/4 lime in 1 cup warm water. Add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda just before drinking, and drink it down quickly for best result.
5. Cook food with Spices like cumin, coriander, turmeric, fresh ginger, black pepper and asafetida. They have wonderful results in indigestion treatment.
Indigestion Treatment and Advice
1. Do not eat fried, fatty, and spicy foods
2. Avoid carbonated beverages, caffeine and alcohol
3. Do not take cold and iced drinks, especially during or after meals
4. If overweight, try to lose weight gradually
5. Do not exercise for at least an hour after eating
6. Chew food thoroughly
7. Eat only two or at most three meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
8. Try to reduce stress and practice relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, yoga or meditation
Herbal Remedies for Indigestion
1. Prepare a powder by grinding equal amounts of ginger powder, black pepper, dried mint leaves, asafetida (hing), anise seeds, coriander seeds, cumin, fennel and common salt. Take about 1 teaspoon of this powder with water, twice a day after meals.
2. Add roasted cumin seeds and a little salt in the buttermilk. Drink it after meal. It is an effective indigestion remedy.
3. Chew a small piece of fresh ginger with salt for 5 to 10 minutes before meals. It stimulates digestion and is very effective for indigestion treatment.
4. Boil a handful of fenugreek leaves (methi leaves) and fry in butter. It gives relief from indigestion pain and other stomach disorders.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.