|Natural Cures Home Remedies Home Remedies for Influenza|
Home Remedies for Influenza (Flu)
Influenza is a condition that results from infection with influenza viruses. It is highly contagious that tends to occur in epidemics during winter. It is spread through coughs or sneezing of infected person and also by direct contact with contaminated things like handkerchiefs.
Symptoms of Influenza
Following are the major influenza symptoms:
1. Chills fever
2. Headache, and severe muscular pains
3. Inflammation in the nose and throat
4. Cough and running of the nose and eyes
Causes of Influenza
Following are the major influenza causes:
1. Viral infection
2. faulty style of living
3. lack of proper exercise
Natural Home Remedies of Influenza
Following are some of the effective home remedies for influenza:
1. Add one teaspoon of lemon and one teaspoon of honey in one glass of warm water. Drink once or twice daily.
2. Mix half a teaspoon of the powder of long pepper with two teaspoons of honey and half a teaspoon of juice of ginger. Take it thrice a day. It is one of the most effective remedies in the treatment of influenza.
3. Mix equal amounts of onion juice and honey and take 3-4 teaspoons of this mixture daily for the treatment of influenza.
Influenza Treatment and Advice
1. Take proper rest before you get some relief.
2. Drink plenty of fluids, such as water, soups, or fruit juice.
3. Take steam inhalation.
4. Do not take meat, fish, eggs and starchy foods.
5. Avoid smoking and smoky environments.
Herbal Remedies for Influenza
1. Prepare a tea made by boiling one teaspoon basil leaves (tulsi) with some ginger in water.
2. Eat garlic as it is also an excellent remedy for influenza.
3. Mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder in a cup of warm milk and taken three times a day. It will prevent complications arising from influenza, and also activate the liver which becomes sluggish during the attack.
4. Mix a teaspoon of fresh ginger juice with a cup of fenugreek decoction and honey to taste, is an excellent diaphoretic mixture which increases sweating and reduces fever in this disease. The fenugreek decoction may be prepared by boiling one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in half a liter of water, till it is reduced by one third.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.