|Natural Cures Home Remedies Home Remedies for Insomnia|
Home Remedies for Insomnia
Insomnia is the inability to go to sleep or to get sleep for a period insufficient for the needs of an individual. This disease has assumed alarming proportions in the present times, especially among the upper classes in the urban set-up.
Symptoms of Insomnia
Following are the major insomnia symptoms:
1. Lack of sleep
2. Emotional instability
3. Loss of coordination and confusion
Causes of Insomnia
Following are the major insomnia causes:
1. Mental tension
4. Overwork and overexcitement
5. Suppressed feelings of resentment
6. Anger and bitterness
7. Constipation, dyspepsia, overeating at night
8. Excessive intake of tea or coffee
10. Going to bed hungry
Natural Home Remedies for Insomnia
Following are some of the effective home remedies for insomnia:
1. Take a cup of hot milk before going to bed. It is very common home remedy for insomnia.
2. Drink Kava kava a few hours before bedtime to reduce stress, tension, anxiety and relax muscles. It helps to fall asleep deeper and to rest more.
3. Prepare a mixture by adding1 tsp. chamomile flowers, 1 tsp. Hops, 1 tsp. valerian root and1 cup of boiling water. Steep for 45 minutes, strain and drink 1 hour before bedtime.
4. Thiamine or vitamin B also helps in the treatment of insomnia.
5. Boil one tablespoon of lettuce seeds in half a liter of water, till it is reduced by one-third. It is also useful home remedy for insomnia.
6. Take two teaspoonful of honey should be mixed in warm water before going to bed. It is also an effective remedy to induce sleep.
7. Take raw onion salad in the dinner.
Insomnia Treatment and Advice
1. Take a hot bath or shower at bedtime which will promote sound sleep
2. Practice relaxation exercises shortly before bedtime
3. Do meditation to reduce stress and mental tension
4. Don’t watch TV if you can’t fall sleep within 30 minutes. Prefer reading
5. Do not take coffee, tea, cola, alcohol, and smoking
Herbal Remedies for Insomnia
1. Take 2 tsp of fenugreek leaves juice with 1 tsp of honey at bed times daily. It is an effective treatment of insomnia.
2. You can also take 1 tsp juice of celery leaves with stalks and 1 tsp of honey.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.