|Natural Cures Home Remedies Home Remedies for Itching|
Home Remedies for Itching
Itching is an unpleasant sensation or uneasy irritation of the skin that creates a desire to scratch the affected area. A certain amount of mild itching is normal for everyone. It becomes serious only when it is persistent.
Symptoms of Itching
Following are the major itching symptoms:
1. Tendency to scratch continuously to relieve itching sensation
2. Redness of skin
3. Red spots
4. Scaly patches
Causes of Itching
Following are the major itching causes:
1. Exposure or contact with chemicals
2. Sunburn can cause itching
3. Insect bites or stings
4. Chicken pox
6. Cold weather
7. Overexposure to water and hot baths
8. Skin disorders such as Psoriasis, Seborrheic dermatitis, Urticaria, Pityriasis rosea
9. Allergic reaction to certain foods, plants or pets
10. Dry skin
Natural Home Remedies for Itching
Following are some of the effective home remedies for itching:
1. To get relieve from itching take an oatmeal bath or hold an oatmeal-soaked wet cloth on the itchy blisters for 15 minutes.
2. Make a paste of baking soda with water. Apply it on the affected area.
3. Avoid direct exposure to excessive sun rays and try to remain in a cool place. Heat increases itching.
4. Mix equal amounts of honey and cinnamon powder and apply to affected area.
5. You can also apply Aloe Vera, cod liver oil, lemon juice, vitamin E oil, wheat germ oil, or witch hazel tea to the itchy area
6. Take a bath with a little peppermint or yellow dock to relieve itching
Itching Treatment and Advice
1. Avoid using strong soaps and deodorant soaps around blisters or a rash. Use gentle soaps.
2. Wear cotton clothing. Avoid wool and acrylic fabrics next to the skin.
3. Do not scratch the blisters. Scratching leads to more scratching and may cause a skin infection to develop.
4. You can also scrub the affected area lightly with a pumice stone. Then wash with soap, apply rubbing alcohol, and dab a thick layer of Vaseline over it. This will provide relief from itching.
Herbal Remedies for Itching
1. Take 1 cup boiling water, 1 teaspoon each calendula flowers, chamomile flowers, Echinacea root, elder flowers and yarrow flowers, 3 tablespoons baking soda. Pour boiling water over herbs and steep for 15 minutes, then strain out herbs. Stir in baking soda. Apply to irritated skin with a soft cloth or a sponge until itching is reduced.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.