|Natural Cures Home Remedies Home Remedies for Kidney stones|
Home Remedies for Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are the painful disorders that form stones in the kidneys or urinary tract due to deposition of crystals of calcium oxalate, calcium phosphate, uric acid and cystine. Normally, urine has a natural substance, which dissolves these minerals, thereby preventing them into becoming solids. Sometimes due to dehydration, these salts don’t get dissolved and crystallization takes place. These stones vary in size from grit, sand, and gravel-like obstructions to the size of a bird's egg. Stones may form and grow because the concentration of a particular substance in the urine exceeds its solubility. Kidney stones are more common in males as compared to females (three times) and occur usually in middle life.
Common Appearance of the Stones
Oxalate stone - rough, hard and spiny, may have a coating of altered blood
Uric acid stone - brown, hard and on section has a laminated appearance
Phosphate stone - white, soft and chalky and sometimes deposited on the urate or oxalate stone
These stones can get settled at any site in urinary track and cause pain. It pains tremendously when the stone moves, which may cause injury to internal structures and may even lead to rupture causing oozing of blood in UI tract. If untreated, kidney stones can cause renal failure.
Symptoms of Kidney Stones
Following are the major kidney stones symptoms:
1. Severe pain in their attempt to pass down the ureter
2. Frequent desire to urinate
3. Painful urination
4. Scanty urination
5. Nausea, vomiting, sweating, and chills
6. Sometimes passes blood with the urine
Causes of Kidney Stones
Following are the major kidney stones causes:
1. Defects in the general metabolism
2. Insufficient intake of fluids
3. Improper diet
4. Excess intake of acid-forming foods
5. Excess intake of white flour and sugar products, meat, tea, coffee, condiments and spices
7. Lack of vitamin A
8. Excessive intake of vitamin D
Natural Home Remedies for Kidney Stones
Following are some of the effective home remedies for kidney stone:
1. Boil two figs in a cup of water and drink it first thing in the morning.
2. Eat watermelon either as a fruit or as its juice. It is very effective home remedy for kidney stones.
3. Take one cup radish leaves juice twice a day. It is also good natural remedy for kidney stones.
4. Make one glass of fresh Tomato juice by adding a pinch of salt and pepper to and drink it the first thing in the morning.
5. Kidney beans (dried French beans or Rajmah) are very effective home remedy for kidney stones. Remove the beans from inside the pods, then slice the pods and put about sixty grams in four litre of hot water, boiling them slowly for six hours. This liquid should be strained through fine muslin and then allowed to cool for about eight hours. Again poured this fluid through another piece of muslin without stirring. Take one glass of this liquid for every two hours throughout the day for one day and, thereafter, it may be taken several times a week. This decoction would not work if it was more than twenty-four hours old.
6. Take celery regular if you are prone to getting stones in the kidneys or gall-bladder. It will prevent future stone formation.
7. Eat apples regularly. It is very effective kidney stones natural remedy.
8. Eat grapes as it is also very effective home remedy for kidney stones.
Kidney Stones Treatment and Advice
1. Avoid taking too much milk
2. Drink lots of water and other fluids
3. Avoid calcium rich foods - milk, cheese, butter, and other dairy foods
4. Avoid oxalate rich foods - beans, beets, blueberries, celery, chocolate, grapes, green peppers, parsley, spinach, strawberries, summer squash, and tea
5. Take Vitamin A rich diet - apricots, broccoli, cantaloupes, pumpkins, winter squash, and beef liver
6. Limit the quantity of proteins in your diet as it may increase uric acid, calcium, and phosphorus in the urine that leads to the formation of stones.
7. Avoid consumption of table salt, pickled foods and salty foods
8. Avoid alcoholic beverages.
Herbal Remedies for Kidney Stones
1. Add one tspn of holy basil (tulsi) leaves juice with one tspn of honey. Take it in the morning for 5-6 months. It is very effective herbal remedy for kidney stones.
2. Take 5 grams of Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris) seed powder and 10 grams of honey with goat’s milk. It is very beneficial natural herbal remedy for kidney stones.
3. Take Pashanbhed (berginia ligulata) powder daily for kidney stones natural cures.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.