|Natural Cures Home Remedies Home Remedies for Psoriasis|
Home Remedies for Psoriasis
Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease that causes skin cells to grow too quickly. In psoriasis, patches of red, thickened skin with silvery scales develop, usually on the elbows, knees, scalp, and trunk. These areas can be itchy and painful. The areas usually involved are the elbows, knees, and the skin behind the ears, the trunk, and the scalp. The disease may also affect the underarms and genital areas.
Nails may become rough and pitted, and less commonly, a form of arthritis develops called psoriatic arthritis. Psoriasis can be a persistent problem, and tends to run in families. Stress, infections such as a sore throat, reaction to certain drugs, and skin injuries may trigger an attack or make it worse.
Symptoms of Psoriasis
Following are the major psoriasis symptoms:
1. Red and irritated skin with bright silvery scales
2. Sometimes accompanied with slight itching
Causes of Psoriasis
Following are the major psoriasis causes:
1. Due to abnormality in the mechanism in which the skin grows and replaces itself
2. Abnormality with the metabolism of amino acids
3. Use of certain medicines
4. Due to infections
5. Heredity factors are also responsible
6. Physical and emotional stress
Natural Home Remedies for Psoriasis
Following are some of the effective home remedies for psoriasis:
1. Take cod liver oil, lecithin, linseed oil, vitamin E, and zinc to fasten the healing process.
2. Cabbage leaves have been successfully used in the form of compresses in the treatment of psoriasis. They should be thoroughly washed in warm water and dried with a towel. The leaves should be flattened, softened and smoothed out by rolling them with a rolling pin after removing the thick veins. They should be warmed and then applied smoothly to the affected part in an overlapping manner. A pad of soft woolen cloth should be put over them. Then secure it with an elastic bandage.
3. The use of curd in the form of buttermilk has proved useful in psoriasis and the patient should drink it in liberal quantities. The application of buttermilk compresses over the affected parts will also be helpful in treating this condition.
4. The oil of avocado has been found beneficial in the treatment of psoriasis. It should be applied gently to the affected parts. This is an effective home remedy for psoriasis.
Psoriasis Treatment and Advice
1. Take a well balanced diet including fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and grains.
2. Apply a moisturizer to lubricate and soften scaly patches of skin.
3. Take a daily bath in warm water to soak off the scales.
4. Try deep breathing and relaxation exercise to reduce stress.
5. Do not take tea, coffee, all animal fats, and processed foods.
6. Don’t scratch or rub patches of thickened skin.
7. Avoid harsh skin products and lotions that contain alcohol. They may dry the skin and make psoriasis worse.
8. Keep your towel, clothes separate and clean.
Herbal Remedies for Psoriasis
1. Drink slowly a cup of fresh juice of Bitter Gourd (Karela) mixed with a teaspoon of lime juice on an empty stomach daily for 3-4 months. It is very effective in psoriasis treatment.
2. You can also apply Aloe Vera gel or cream thinly to irritated and itchy patches of skin and rub lightly. It is also helpful in psoriasis cure.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.