|Natural Cures Home Remedies Home Remedies for Ringworm|
Home Remedies for Ringworm
Ringworm is a common fungus infection on the skin. It is highly infectious disease and mostly occurs in the scalp, the body, the feet, and the nails. It spreads from the affected person to the person who comes in contact.
Ringworm of the scalp is common among children because of the lack of protective fatty acids in their scalp. The disease spreads on the skin and extends deeper into the hair roots, and also up along the hair. The affected hair becomes dull and breaks off near its root. This leaves bald spots on the scalp.
Symptoms of Ringworm
Following are the major ringworm symptoms:
1. Pink and scaly rings on the body
2. Severe itching
Causes of Ringworm
Following are the major ringworm causes:
1. Lack of protective fatty acids in the scalp
2. Excessive sweating
3. Skin wounds
4. Pets such as dogs and cats
5. Wearing unwashed clothes or sharing combs of infected people
Natural Home Remedies for Ringworm
Following are some of the effective home remedies for ringworm:
1. Raw papaya is one of the most effective home remedy for ringworm. The slices of this fruit should be rubbed on the ringworm patches. A paste can also be prepared from dried papaya and can be applied on the affected areas.
2. Prepare a paste of mustard seeds and apply it externally over the ringworm patches after thoroughly washing the skin with hot water. It is also very effective in ringworm treatment.
3. You can also apply the juice of the leaves of the cassia tree to the ringworm patches. It is very beneficial in treating the irritation of the skin and in decreasing swellings and pains.
4. Apply the juice of raw turmeric externally to the parts of the skin affected by ringworm. Simultaneously, one teaspoon of turmeric juice mixed with an equal quantity of honey should be taken orally.
5. A light mudpack applied over the areas of the ringworm is also helpful. The pack should be applied for half an hour, twice daily. It is also very effective home remedy for ringworm.
Ringworm Treatment and Advice
1. Avoid tea, coffee, all condiments and highly flavored dishes, as well as sugar, white flour products, and tinned or bottled foods.
2. Take a well-balanced diet with emphasis on seeds, nuts, wholegrain cereals, raw or lightly cooked vegetables, and fresh fruits.
3. Sunbathing is also beneficial and should be resorted to early in the morning, at the first light of dawn.
4. Drink plenty of water, and take bath twice daily.
5. Do not share items, such as hair care articles, towels and clothing.
Herbal Remedies for Ringworm
1. Prepare a paste from the seeds of the herb Butea and mix a little limejuice. This paste should be applied externally over the affected area. It is an effective herbal remedy for ringworm.
2. Apply the juice of the leaves of Holy Basil (tulsi) over ringworm patches. It is also very effective in ringworm treatment.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.