|Natural Cures Home Remedies Home Remedies for Snoring|
Home Remedies for Snoring
Snoring is the sound which occurs when the soft palate (the back of the roof of the mouth) vibrates when it relaxes during sleep. The sound produced can be low pitch or high pitch. At times, it is accompanied by heavy breathing.
Although, snoring does no harm in itself other than disturbing the snorer and anyone who shares the room but sometimes, it may lead to a potentially serious sleep disorder like upper respiratory resistance syndrome and obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing stop periodically during sleep.
Symptoms of Snoring
Following are the major snoring symptoms:
1. Nasal noise during sleep
2. Heavy breathing
Causes of Snoring
Following are the major snoring causes:
1. Muscle tone of the tongue
2. Blockage of airway
3. Increasing age
4. Alcoholic beverages and smoking
5. Physical exhaustion
6. Throat or sinus infections
7. Being overweight
8. Due to enlarged tonsils and adenoids in children
Natural Home Remedies for Snoring
Following are some of the effective home remedies for snoring:
1. Instill 3-4 drops of warm brahmi ghee (clarified butter) or plain ghee in each nostril in the morning and before going to bed. It is very effective in snoring treatment.
2. Use a nasal strip that keeps the nasal passage open. Stick the adhesive strip across the soft part of your nose, just above the nostrils before going to bed. The adhesive pad has bands of plastic embedded in it that tighten and lift the sides of the nose, which help to maintain airflow while sleeping. It is also very effective snoring remedy.
Snoring Treatment and Advice
1. Maintain a normal weight to avoid snoring. Follow a strict regime consisting of proper balanced diet and regular exercise.
2. Do regular walking or other exercise to breathe better.
3. Don’t use sleeping pills or sedative antihistamines.
4. Do not smoke as tobacco smoke irritates the linings of the nose and throat.
5. Also avoid alcohol; at least do not drink 4-5 hours before going to bed.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.