|Natural Cures Home Remedies Home Remedies for Yeast Infection|
Home Remedies for Yeast Infection
Yeasts are micro organisms (known as candida fungus) that normally grow around any part of the body such as underarms, between toes, etc. Yeast infection occurs when the number of these organisms increases beyond a certain level. It can affect both men and women. Yeast infection in women is very common in the vagina. Vaginal yeast infection produces a discharge like cottage cheese, vaginal itching, irritation in or around vagina, and sometimes, a burning sensation when passing urine. Typically, the acidity in the vagina keeps the level of yeast low. But with the drop in the acidity level (due to various conditions like menstruation period, pregnancy, diabetes or birth control pills), the number of yeast grows and causes the infection.
Symptoms of Yeast Infection
Following are the major yeast infection symptoms:
1. Itching and burning in the vagina
2. Swelling, itching, and burning around the skin surrounding the vagina
3. Vaginal discharge (white, thick and odorless)
4. Pain and discomfort during sexual intercourse
5. Burning sensation on the skin in and around the vagina during and even after urination
Causes of Yeast Infection
Following are the major yeast infection causes:
1. Low immunity level of the body
2. Use of some antibiotics
3. Physical and mental stress
4. Taking birth control pills
5. During menstrual cycles
6. Diabetic conditions
7. Wearing of tight inner wears
8. Usage of unclean inners and clothes
9. Improper cleaning and bathing of body parts
10. Using deodorants, perfumes, hair creams etc
Natural Home Remedies for Yeast Infection
Following are some of the effective home remedies for yeast infection:
1. Prepare a mixture of olive leaf extract with grapefruit seed extraction and a glass of water. It is very effective home remedy for yeast infection.
2. Make a paste of slippery elm powder and a little water. It is good natural cure for vulvar itching
3. Add 2 tablespoon baking soda to a lukewarm, shallow bath. It may help to relieve itchiness and discomfort.
4. Apply yogurt to vulva and inside the vagina. To insert yogurt into vagina, put some in the top of a tampon applicator, then insert the tampon into vagina. Remove it an hour later. This has a soothing effect and help to fight vaginal yeast infection.
5. Apply gentian violet on the vagina and the vulva. Wear a pad to avoid staining of the clothes. It is an effective natural cure for vaginal yeast infection.
Yeast Infection Treatment and Advice
1. Avoid using antibiotic
2. Drink at least two glasses of buttermilk daily. Including curd in the daily diet reduces the chances of yeast infection.
3. Wear loose cotton underwear or panties (no synthetic-fiber clothes).
4. Do not wear wet clothes
5. Do not keep your stomach empty for a long time.
6. Drink plenty of water and juices during the day
7. Take vegetables, salads and whole grain cereals in plenty
8. Avoid the use of feminine sprays, or perfumes in your vaginal area
Herbal Remedies for Yeast Infection
1. Apply fresh garlic paste directly on the affected part of the body. This remedy is for other affected parts of the body and not for the vaginal yeast infection. It is very effective natural herbal remedy for yeast infection.
2. Take few drops of tea tree oil poured on a tampon and inserted in the vagina. It will provide some relief.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.