|Natural Cures Ayurveda Bitter Melon|
Bitter Melon, also known as Bitter Gourd or Karela is a herb that helps regulate blood sugar levels and keeps body functions operating normally. Its principle constituents are lectins, charantin and momordicine. It has well known result in diabetes mellitus. Bitter melon is not only beneficial in diabetes mellitus but is also very beneficial in many other disorders that have been troubling mankind.
Health Benefits of Bitter Melon
- It stimulates pancreas to work and secrete all the secretions properly.
- It is also used in treating diabetes mellitus as it has an action similar to insulin thus helping in glucose metabolism.
- Bitter melon helps in stimulating liver for proper secretions of bile juices.
- It helps in easier digestion of food as it promotes secretion of digestive enzymes.
- It also helps in good assimilation of food.
- It works as an appetizer.
- It is also useful in useful in constipated stools and disease like hemorrhoids, fissures and fistulas.
- It helps in destroying worms present in gastro intestinal tract.
- It helps in purifying blood and helps us from infection from microorganism and toxins that are created by there presence.
- It is very commonly used in skin diseases especially it finds it application in acne and black spots on face.
- Bitter melon works as an anti-inflammatory agent thus helping in subduing any kind of oedema present on body.
- It is extensively used in chronic cough as it has expectorant properties and helps in releasing the sputum accumulated in respiratory tract and lungs. Asthmatic patients are believed to have a very good relief if it is regularly taken.
- It works as a female tonic thereby helpful in menstrual disorders and female genital tract related problems.
- It also helps in secretion of milk during lactation phase after pregnancy.
- Bitter melon has high anti bacterial properties and is very effective in healing wounds injuries.
- It is very helpful in external application on any kind of skin disease due to its anti microbial action.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.