|Natural Cures Ayurveda Holy Basil (Tulsi Herb)|
Holy Basil (Tulsi Herb)
Tulsi is an aromatic herb found everywhere in India. It is the most worshipped plant in Hindu culture. This herb contains such a chemical composition that no mosquitoes and flies can come near the plant because of its peculiar odor. Thereby by planting tulsi in courtyard keeps our home safe from any diseases caused by these organisms.
It is commonly known as holy basil and has anti bacterial and anti parasitic properties. Plant parts used are leaves, flower, seeds and root. It is being used in variety of herbal ayurvedic formulations. Tulsi herb is dominantly used in bronchitis and asthmatic conditions.
Health Benefits of Holy Basil
- It acts as anti bacterial and anti parasitic, therefore is widely used in infectious diseases.
- Holy basil act on nervous system providing them strength, relieves stress and helps in relieving pain.
- It work as appetizer and promotes digestion by helping in secretion of digestive enzymes.
- Tulsi juice when mixed with ginger juice is very effective in abdominal disorder in children.
- It helps in preventing flatulence and avoids constipated stool.
- It is an effective natural cure for upper respiratory tract infection (URTI).
- Holy basil works as good expectorant relieving from wet cough.
- It is very useful in bronchitis and asthmatic conditions.
- It works as antibiotic eliminating the bacteria.
- It is widely used in fever as it act as antipyretic, pain reliever, and provides strength to our body. Take powder of holy basil leaves with saunth (dried ginger) and sugar with hot water in fevers.
- It also possesses anti-cancerous properties.
- Tulsi juice drops are very effective in earache.
- Keep powder of tulsi root in water for overnight and take it early morning for diabetes natural cure.
- It works as a powerful antioxidant thereby helps in preventing early aging signs and makes the skin young.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.