|Natural Cures Massage Massage Techniques|
Body Massage is a systematic, therapeutic stroking and kneading of your body’s muscles. Aside from the physical benefits of massage which can greatly help to reduce pain and inflammation in some parts of the body, it is also beneficial for your mental health because it helps reduce stress and anxiety. Full Body Massage helps you relax. But you can also practice massage on the affected area only.
Blended essential oils can be rubbed locally into the area that is giving problems, whether it is muscular aches and pains, a stiff neck or a congested chest. Useful tips when doing a self-massage include, use gentle strokes towards the heart, to encourage the circulation, and when massaging the abdomen, move your hands in clockwise circles, following the flow of the intestines.
Popular Massage Techniques
- Swedish massage: It is beneficial to promote the feeling of well-being and also helps to reduce emotional and physical stress.
- Neuromuscular massage: Neuromuscular massage forms the basis of aromatherapy massage and helps to restore the balance of the autonomic nervous system.
- Lymphatic massage: It helps to improve the flow of lymph and can also be incorporated into aromatherapy massage. Lymph drainage massage is particularly useful in detoxifying the body and boosting the immune system.
- Reflexology: In reflexology, the focus is placed on manipulating and massaging certain points on the feet and other parts of the body, that are said to directly affect internal organs. Massaging of these points is said to improve the functions of the corresponding organs in the body.
- Acupressure massage and Shiatsu: It focuses on the meridians of the body and aims to relieve blockages of these meridians by massaging vital pressure points. It can be performed while the person is fully clothed and requires no needles such as in acupuncture.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.