|Natural Cures Ayurveda Turmeric|
Turmeric is a valuable herb extensively used in India Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine. Its botanical name is Curcuma longa. Turmeric is used extensively in Indian, Middle East, Moroccan, African and Southeast Asian cookery, especially in curries, vegetables, rice, fish and meat dishes to add color and flavor. Considered a cleansing herb for the whole body, it gives energy and grants prosperity. The finger like stalk is scalded, dried and used for medicinal preparations. In addition, turmeric (haldi) is great for the skin. So before investing in an expensive beauty product, take a look in your kitchen.
Health Benefits of Turmeric
- It is an excellent natural antibiotic.
- It strengthens digestion, prevents the formation of gas and helps to improve large intestinal flora.
- It purifies the blood, aids digestion of protein and promotes proper metabolism in the body.
- Turmeric is used in treatment for fever and mild stomach upset.
- It is also used in infection, arthritis, dysentery, jaundice and other liver problems.
- It is used to treat chest congestion, menstrual discomforts and many more ailments.
- It helps to relieve carpel tunnel syndrome, joint inflammation and prevent cancer.
- It is also extensively used in treating cough problem. Add a pinch or two of turmeric to warm milk to soothe respiratory aliments such as cough or asthma.
Some Important Home Remedies
- It helps your skin tone and color. Simply apply a little turmeric mixed with cucumber juice or lemon to the affected area. Leave for 15 minutes and wash off. Do this everyday, and gradually you will notice your skin color returning to normal.
- Take a ½ inch piece of turmeric and boil it with half a glass of milk. Once the milk has turned yellow, remove from fire, let it cool slightly, and sip this. This will cure numerous ailments. Women especially should drink this every night, as it strengthens bones and reduces the risk of developing osteoporosis.
- Turmeric is a wonderful body scrub. It leaves your skin soft, smooth and glowing.
- It is an excellent anti-oxidant, which essentially means that it stabilizes unstable oxygen molecules. These are known as free radicals, and are what cause damage to cells, leading to aging and various other diseases such as cancer.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.