|Natural Cures Natural Skin Care Types of Skin|
Types of Skin
Skin is a kind of sheath that separates you from the outer environment. It protects your internal organs from getting exposed to the harsh climatic condition. Skin helps in maintaining body temperature. It also helps you in perceiving sensation of touch.
Any problem in skin or any kind of infection to the skin can causes threat to the internal organs. So it is very essential to know the type of skin you possess, as right care of skin can help in reducing any skin problems and avoid diseases.
Types of Skin
There are mainly five types of skin.
• Normal skin: It not the most common type of skin. It is soft, smooth, velvety and evenly textured skin with no flaky dead cells and no pores visible. Proper distribution of oil and moisture is there that makes it a balanced skin i.e. not excessively dry and not excessively greasy. It is clear and free from blemishes.
• Dry skin: Skin is said to be dry, when skin is dull, patchy, reddened and flaky especially around eyes. Dry skin may cause formation of fine lines on cheeks, under eyes and corners of mouth. These conditions happen when oil or sebaceous glands are not supplying good nourishment and lubrication to the skin. If proper care is not given to the skin then it may lead to initiation of wrinkles in early age.
• Oily or greasy skin: This kind of skin is thick, dull in color and shiny in appearance. Due to over secretions of oils or sebum through oil gland, makes skin pores open and skin becomes sticky, which attracts dirt and dust from the environment. Due to this tendency, dirt and dust particles blocks the skin pores which are already widely open in oily skin leads to problems like black head, white head, acne and other skin related problems.
• Combination skin: Commonly seen skin texture which is the combination of two kind of skin i.e. some of the skin area is dry and some of the area is oily. Usually it follows the pattern of “T” i.e. the greasy part is usually the portion which is vertical to nose crossing nose (nose, mouth and chin) and horizontal on fore head and hence referred to as “T-Zone”. The area left i.e. cheeks is comparatively dry.
• Sensitive skin: This kind of skin is very sensitive to any change in environmental conditions or any kind allergies, which may be caused due to procedures like bleaching, makeup’s and other external applications.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.