|Natural Cures Vitamins and Minerals Chromium Supplements|
Chromium is present in traces in all organic matter. It is a grayish-white metallic element. Earlier it was considered poisonous for human beings, but now said to be vital health.
• It prevents diabetes and controls high blood pressure.
• It controls fatty acids and cholesterol synthesis.
• It prevents and delays hardening of arteries.
• It helps to take protein where it is needed and also helps in growth.
• It gets depleted with age, injuries, surgical operations, and strenuous exercise.
Natural Sources of Chromium
Sources of Chromium are nuts, areca nut, betel leaves, mushrooms, beer, liver, cereals (whole), shellfish, brewer’s yeast, corn oil etc.
Daily Requirements of Chromium
The RDA (recommended daily allowance) is 5 - 200 mcg for an adult. It can be 10-60 mcg for infants, and 20 - 200 mcg for children.
• Its deficiency may cause poor glucose tolerance leading to diabetes.
• Its deficiency may also lead to atherosclerosis and protein-energy malnutrition.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.